CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

My Very First Sunday!

Sunday September 9th 2007 was a special day in my football education, this was the beginning of my first season of football as a fangirl, and it was awesome. Coming off the high of the Colts win I rolled out of bed with great anticipation. Almost before my feet hit the floor I was flipping between ESPN and NFL Network to see what the talking bobble-heads had to say about the plethora of match ups that were going to battle over the next many hours.
I knew it was going to be a great day, 13 games with the Giants tucking me into bed.

Breakfast and a shower prepared me for the day. My son was getting more excited by the second, we both were...........the games needed to start!

11:00am Broncos VS The Bills

As I said before my father is a huge Broncos fan. So this was our first choice. We watched with great anxiety and anticipation. During this time I convinced my son to call the ex and bet him on the Bears/Chargers game. He did about half way through however it took a whole lot of convincing and the promise to cover his losses if by chance the bobble-heads were wrong and somehow the Bears won.

Together we saw Kevin Everett go down and not get up. I may be a hypocrite but this is one of the reasons that my son does not play football. Although both he and his sister play soccer, during which they have both given and received a number of potentially horrible injuries. Particularly my daughter who is a keeper, there is nothing like a cleat to the head that makes a girl want to dive for the ball again.

I must take a moment and say that along with football fans all over the world my heart goes out to Kevin and he is in my prayers. All the recent news concerning Kevin has been very hopeful. Good luck Kevin, I have never been a Bills fan but I am rooting for you.

After Kevin was careful removed from the field and taken into excellent care. The game continued.

This was an exciting game for so many reasons. The Broncos managed the win with just seconds to spare. More than once in this game I noticed my Dad with his hand on his chest, I am not sure if he was checking his pulse or not but he was very anxious until that 42yder by Jason Elam was through the uprights.

It was a memorable beginning for me.


The games I didn't catch during the Broncos/Bills:

Pittsburgh 34, Cleveland 7
Carolina 27, St. Louis 13
Minnesota 24, Atlanta 3
New England 38, NY Jets 14
Washington 16, Miami 13
Tennessee 13, Jacksonville 10
Houston 20, Kansas City 3
Green Bay 16, Philadelphia 13
Detroit 36, Oakland 21

The Patriots/Jets match up proved to be quite news worthy as well, but I bet you have heard all about the "Patriot Games".


The next game I watched was the Bears/Chargers. All week all the bobble-heads could say about this game is that the Bears couldn't win, and they didn't. The Chargers ended up with 11 points more than their opponent. The result was San Diego 14, Chicago 3.

To my delight I heard my son say to my ex "I will take a check."

I missed the stomping of the Bucs by the Sea Chickens(as my friends refer to the team from Seattle), however I have faith in the adorable Jeff Garcia to make a good season of it. Oddly enough I just realized that I haven't heard anything about this game. I need to find out what happened. Anyway the final was Seattle 20, Tampa Bay 6.

Then came the game I was waiting for, the NY Giants and some team from Texas somewhere.
As a completely delusional fan I am sure that that the Giants are going all the way this season, that said let's talk about their loss. The end numbers look like this, Dallas 45, NY Giants 35, which may seem pretty crappy. However the game was pretty awesome, and I thought for a brief moment that Big Blue was going to pull off the win.

There is no denying that Eli looked great. Burress was magnificent. Brandon Jacobs, who will be out for possibly 5 weeks, was amazing.
By the half my boys were down by one, the defense needed to do some explaining, but the offense was working well.

By the end of the third quarter, the score was horrid. Dallas 31, Giants 19. I was about to call it a night, because folks I get up EARLY, and I work on Monday. I still had hope however........cause I love Big Blue.

With about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter NY had battled back to within 3 points. I was sure that they could do it. I knew they could. However they couldn't.

Eli was injured in the 4th quarter, when he was pulled down right onto his right shoulder. Initial reports were that he separated his shoulder and may be out for as many as 5 weeks. It appears that these reports were exaggerated and he may be ready to play in Sunday's game. Play it safe Eli!

Back up QB (the position my father refers to as the greatest position in the NFL) Jared Lorenzen, managed 3 tosses, one of which was caught, before the Cowboys got the ball back. Butterfingers no more Tony Romo hit Sam Hurd with a 51 yd touchdown pass, which cinched it.

Regardless of the outcome, the game was exciting and the Giant's offense looked good. Eli was impressive. I can't wait for Sunday, it will be interesting to see how the Giants deal with the number of injuries that occurred during their meeting with the Cowboys.

I also managed to clean and rearrange my bed room and get all my laundry washed, dried, and put away.

Sunday is a good day!

Love,
J

0 comments: