CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 3, 2007

Waving Goodbye to the Preseason (How I spent my Labor Day Weekend)

3 losses out of 4 games does not look very good for any team, however, if you mention that these were preseason games then all hope is not lost.

Regardless of their miserable record thus far I think the Giants are looking great. In particular I must point out that #80, the one I like to call Thor, is still filling the role as team eye candy with particular panache.

During this 4 game team warm up/try out I was impressed with WR (wide receiver) Mike Jennings right up to the moment he snapped his achilles tendon. I was a great catch. He is out for the season. I hope he makes a quick recovery and I look forward to seeing him next season.

I actually missed the 4th preseason game against New England, and I was not sad about it. I realize that the big men don't need to play these games, but I in all honesty I can't wait to see them.

Instead of watching the game when it was aired on the NFL network (being an eastern team's fan in the west is difficult) on Saturday the 1st, I left my "big city" home and headed to a nearby resort town, that is almost on fire.
I did not get to do any rock climbing, the road was blocked by fire. We didn't organize well enough in advance to kayak, so we just played tourist. We being my friend Barb from my former "small town" home and myself.

We shopped, ate and admired the hot men and beautiful lake. We also spent some time with Adrian Pasdar and John Simm, both amazing fellows.

My birthday marks the beginning of the Football season this year. I may or may not be celebrating my very old age with that other Manning, that is if I can't get tickets to see The Wreckers.

More talk of balls later,
J

0 comments: